Jacqulyn Mack-Majka is a trial lawyer with 22 years of litigation experience. She has a background in the area of finance and a strong grasp of commercial issues as they affect individuals and businesses. She is also a graduate of the University of Miami with an undergraduate degree in Finance and a law degree. Jacqulyn is admitted to practice in all the federal courts in Florida as well as the bankruptcy courts in the Middle and Southern Districts. She is also admitted to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Georgia. Jacqulyn has demonstrated her commitment to providing you with the high quality of representation that you deserve.
- Date of Birth: April 19, 1970
- Place of Birth: Bridgetown, Barbados, West Indies.
- United States Citizen
- Birth Name: Jacke Lyn Hooper
- Jurisdiction of Name Change: Twentieth Judicial Circuit in for Charlotte County, Florida; Case #94-01149 CA – Order rendered August 8, 1994 by Honorable Darryl Casanueva.
- High School: Pine View School for the Intellectually Gifted, Sarasota County, Florida. – June 8, 1988
- Bachelor’s Degree: University Of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida. – Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, General Honors conferred on May 10, 1991.
- Graduate Degree: University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida. – Juris Doctorate conferred on December 19, 1996.
- Florida Bar License # 0134902; current.
- Series 6 obtained in 1992; not current.
Admitted to Practice in:
- Florida: April 17, 1998
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida: 2001.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida: 2012.
- United States Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida 2013.
- United States Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida 2012.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit: 2003.
- The Mack Law Firm Chartered f/k/a Kerry E. Mack, P.A. 1996-present. Junior Partner 1/2001-present.
- American Bar Association: 1998-present.
- Florida Bar Association: 1998-present.
- American Justice Association f.k.a. American Trial Lawyers Association: 2003-present.
- Florida Justice Association f.k.a. Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers: 1998-2009.
- Venice Englewood Bar Association: 1998-2009.
- Charlotte County Bar Association: 2003–present.
- American Bar Foundation Fellow: 2008-present
- Florida Bar Appellate Court Rules Committee: July 1, 2008-present.
- Sarasota County Bar Association: 2009-present.
- American Inns of Court CDXII: 2009-present.
Committee Memberships/Offices Held:
- Venice-Englewood Bar Association Board Member 1998- 2011.
- Venice-Englewood Bar Association President 2002-2003.
- Venice-Englewood Bar Association Secretary 2004-2005.
- 12th Judicial Circuit Electronic Filing Committee, Venice-Englewood Bar Association Representative January, 1999-present.
- Florida Justice Association f.k.a. Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers Women’s Caucus 2002-2011.
- Florida Justice Association f.k.a. Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers Amicus Curiae Committee 2001-2011.
- Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar Association 2003- present.
- Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar Association Legislation Committee, Mentor Committee and Outreach Committee 2004-2005.
- Florida Bar, Appellate Court Rules Committee, 2008-present. Worker’s Compensation Sub-Committee Chair 2009- 2010; Criminal Procedure Sub-Committee 2009-to date; E-Filing Sub-Committee 2009-date; IOP Sub-Committee Vice Chair 2013.
Pro Bono Participation:
- Legal Aid of Manasota: 2000-present.
- Florida Rural Legal Aid: 2000-present.
- Florida Attorneys Saving Homes 7/2008-present.
Pro Bono Awards:
- Legal Aid of Manasota “Newcomer’s Award” – October 3, 2001
- The Twelfth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee, Legal Aid of Manasota, Inc. and Florida Rural Legal Services Award in Appreciation of Participation in the 2002 “Ethics, Professionalism & You” Seminar.
- Legal Aid of Manasota’s “Pro Bono Superstar” – November 11, 2003 2005 Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award for the 12th Judicial Circuit – presented by Florida Supreme Court Justice Pariente on April 7, 2005.
- 2006, 2010 and 2011 Legal Aid of Manasota Pro Bono award recipient.
- Venice Englewood/South Sarasota County Co-Chairperson, Law Week 2003-present.
- Teen Court Judge – 1999-2001.
- 2004 and 2008 Charlotte County Mock Trial participating lawyer.
- Official Poll Watcher for the Democratic National Party for the November, 2004 Presidential Election
- Sarasota County Lead Counsel for the Florida Democratic Lawyer’s Council for Election 2008.
- Olde Englewood Village Homeowner’s Association Board Member 2007-present. President 2008.